Thursday, October 30, 2008

An Update. . .

I contacted the mom of the student I confiscated the cellphone from. Apparently, she is not aware that her son's phone is not with him. She sounded tired of dealing with the son's misbehavior at school that she asked me what to do. After I suggested what she needs to do, according to the book, I also set up an appointment with the guidance counselor to meet with his parent and his other teachers. It came to my knowledge that I am not the only teacher this student had problems with.

I am hoping that with 2-day suspension, the student can think what he did and be a "good" student. I know this is too much to ask but I ask it anyway.

Hopefully, the meeting will turn out okay.

tfr

1 comment:

MBP said...

Sorry to say but with a kid that gives so much trouble will enjoy the 2 day susspension so it is more like a reward. I know people are optimistic and want to believe that the young adults will turn it around so easily, but lets get real. If you want to get the kid to change you have to give him a punishment he will not enjoy. If it was legal you could give him work in or on the building like painting, cleaning or mowing the lawn but unfortunately it is not legal in the USA. Maybe if you give the kid extra work through his mother that she makes him do at home it will work, it just has to be something he will not like.