Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pay for Grades

I found this article from an education website. It talks about the students' motivator in the 21st century. Students are getting paid for their grades. It is indeed a controversial motivator, even my most unmotivated student, was urge to write down what he thinks. Oh, by the way, after I had the students read the article, I asked them to write down which side they take. Whether they agree on the program of paying students to earn passing grades, or disagree which means not having the program at all. I took pictures of some of the interesting writing they handed in. I will post them later. Pay for grades is controversial but is really happening in one of the districts in Chicago. I would like to know if it really works.

Stay tuned for my students' works. tfr

No comments: