Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Classes Re - scheduled


Just for today, our principal re-scheduled our daily class schedule so we can accommodate all students to watch history in the making - he inauguration of the first African-American president Barrack H. Obama.


With the special schedule, I end up with an empty room and a tv all to myself! I must be lucky today! I sat in my desk and taped the speech. I thought that President Obama must be too nervous to take on the worst economy that both he and the Chief Justice Roberts had some flubs back and forth. They both are first-timers, so let's give it to them...


What struck me was his statement, "Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America." I just can't wait to see it happens. I am hopeful it will happen in the near future and that he will do good as a president, leader, and father.


For my students, I expect they will live up to my challenge - I need that paper tomorrow. tfr

No comments: