Wednesday, January 21, 2009

students' inaugural paper

I am a little disappointed with what my students show me for their paper on the 44th president's inaugural address (that is related to math or anything they can associate with math). I am not sure if it's the defiance among teenagers or they just don't know how to write.

Only half of them handed in their work. Others said one night is "way too tight", some said that they cannot find anything to write about math. The winning excuse was "If it's geography or social studies, or english, I will not have a problem writing even 4 pages! I just can't find math in the speech!"

I guess, they are actually looking for the word "math" in the speech... no, I'd like to call it defiance.

For the students who did their work and see the math in it, I am proud of you guys!

tfr

No comments: